Username Always stay logged in
Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to cut a hole in a wall for a RJ-45 Jack and replace wiring on two sides  (Read 3053 times)
mitchell
Webmaster
Administrator
Pro Designer

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:03 PM »

Step one:
Take your wall saw and then cut the proper size hole for the jack and wire running.  I have demonstrated the proper size hole in the image.  2 inches wide by 4 inches high.

Step two:
Take the old wiring out from the floor hole by fishing it up and cutting off the old jack.

Step three:
Once the old wiring is cut follow the proper wiring methods for the jack that you are installing.  The wiring method should be written on the bag or box that the jack came in.

Step four:
This is what the finished wiring should look like on the jack that you just installed.

Step five:
Install the faceplate on the jack and get ready to screw it into the wall.

Step six:
Screw the faceplate onto the wall with the installed jack and get ready to make sure it is properly positioned.

Step seven:
Make sure the new cabling job is clean and under the rug before the people who do the moulding on the floor where the carpet meets the wall.

Step eight:
Still make sure the cabling is clean and this is very important.  I tucked it down with a screwdriver.

Step nine:
Run your new cable up through the floor hole and through the jack for wiring.

Step ten:
Put your jack on the second end for the wiring to be completed.

Step eleven:
Complete the assembly by mounting the faceplate to the wall and checking the connections.  You can also check the connections prior to mounting the faceplates if you are unsure of your wiring capabilities.
RamboX
Freelancer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »

Nice!!! I think this one is worst thing to do than Cat-5 but I think I might can do it. I never tried it and not want to do that at my house but I can find a wall board and do that lol  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: