Username Always stay logged in
Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFXIII for PS3  (Read 2230 times)
mikea
Power User
Freelancer

(s<E)gregthebunny81

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »

So for a little while me and a friend have been playing Final Fantasy 13 off and on.

I don't know what it is about the series, but they have been able to make each of the precursors (excluding 11 which was a flop in my opinion) fresh and somewhat cooler.

So we have been playing this game and the battling is somewhat interesting and the leveling up system is a taste that is to be acquired.  I think that Final Fantasy takes leaps and bounds, yes, but in the right directions?, not always.  I like to have the liberty of having control of each individual character so that I can do the precise attacks/ required moves that would help me in my quest to beat the game (and its seemingly infinite amount of cut scenes) the way I so choose to level and advance each of my characters. 

I dislike the Paradigm idea and wish they would've stuck with something that was more so like the swap out characters option like in FF10.

Also another gripe I have with the game is the many names that are thrown out there of the "institutions" of places you are against or fighting for. Cocoon, El'Cie, and any other weird names that people can easily get confused by,(especially made up and somewhat ridiculous names with apostrophes thrown in) just add to the nightmare. Furthermore, who names a character "Lightning"? Honestly, thats gotta be the most idiotic name for a female character ever created.  Really Final Fantasy?, really?Huh??

I just think that they should bring back the Chocobo breeding like in Final Fantasy 7 and pic a few good things from each of the prior classics and fuse it into an Ultimate FF without such a nearly impossible storyline to follow.

Just a thought..
radioman
Bob the Builder
Sr. Designer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »

stupid names was their thing man, and so was the "Lets Go!" or "Lets Do IT!" after they figure out that they are doing or "Alright!" in agreement in over the top excitement to the most mundane things.

x_____________________
RamboX
Freelancer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »

I finished beat it but not finish with ultimate weapons. Just finished 2 ultimate weapons for Lightnig and Snow
mark567
Freelancer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:33:30 AM »

Hey Schnookems, my name is -unkNexus im currently playing AVP, TF2, GMOD and i got most of valves games. i too think its a good idea to get the whole of the westgamer community for the group. NOTE: I will be creating the group in a few days

Web design - GapsyStudio
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: