Username Always stay logged in
Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: and new games are better?  (Read 5530 times)
MENACER
Bob the Builder
Sr. Designer

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:11 PM »

Why was it that when I got a game when I was 10 -15 or even 20 for that matter it work as it was supposed to? Then after years of play they would slowly begin to break. No need to worry if it works, no patches  needed, No need to worry if the game play would be changed the next time you played, and honestly just no real reason to bi***.

Now a days the game comes broken and if the almighty devs see fit is given a chance to be fixed which usually never happens, totally fails or makes the game even worse.  I pay for a product that is in working condition not one that needs 5 patches and still falls short.  I also think  that all bugs, if not at least most, should be worked out in the beta testing.   

These companies forgot how they got so big and why.  It was because they put out great products and had a great reputation so people would buy a game with out having to worry about it having some major flaw in it.  Yes I do understand that sometimes this happens but that used to be a rarity. Now its rare to get a game that ever works properly let alone works properly out of the box.  Call me old fashion but I would think you wouldn't wipe your ass before you sh**.  So why would you sell a game before it works or is finished?

Just think how many people have an  original Atari, Nintendo, or Sega and they and their components and games still work.
Now think how many people have a bricked ps3 or xbox.  Now think how many of their games don't function properly.

I thought technology was supposed to make things better.  All it did was make more multi million dollar companies and make them even more money hungry and lazy to the point where they will release an unfinished product with the intent of finishing it with a patch just to make a quick buck. Then we the gamers get the "PROMISE" of "TRYING" to fix any problems "IF" they should occur. 
We all Know that by "IF" they mean when and their "PROMISE" is about as good as tits on a bull.

All we had to worry about in the pas was if a game was going to be fun.  Now we have to worry about if it is going to work and if it does when it will stop working.

radioman
Bob the Builder
Sr. Designer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »

8 bit is the way to go. they should of stopped at 64, the simpler the better, you know its quality when you can fix it with a good breath

x_____________________
martinc
Global Moderator
Pro Designer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »

Hell yea, I still rock the Genesis and N64.  I'll rock a relatively new PC game like F.E.A.R. 2 now and then but I'll still kick it back to Warcraft 3 or Starcraft.  Price tags just spiral outta control with new crap and a promise or a warranty used to mean something but now its just words bereft of all meaning only in place to lull you whilst your money disappears

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it. --George Carlin
mitchell
Webmaster
Administrator
Pro Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:10 AM »

Seems to be the graphics that are improving in most cases.
martinc
Global Moderator
Pro Designer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

oh yea, till it craps out on ya

/\ go figure microsoft would create a symbol to with a likeness to a killer computer /\
RROD for xbox, ps3 patchin it so ya can't slap on linux... they just create more and more problems.

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it. --George Carlin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: